4 Tips For Surviving Florida

One time I ran over an alligator. It was a big alligator. It messed up my car and lived to tell his gator buds. Welcome to Florida, Darby. Here are my 4 tips for surviving the untamed madness that is Florida: If you say “Saint Petersburg” people will giggle and… Read More

October 12

  I’m trying to keep this blog lighthearted and resourceful. But today I’m going to heal through writing. My brother took his life in June. That sentence alone can bring me to my knees at times. It sneaks into my head and my heart and makes me useless. So… Read More

Barbeque Coffee Rub Recipe

I am gluten intolerant. But wait, it gets worse. My lovely little Mable, whom I exclusively nurse, is allergic to milk. So yes. I am also not consuming dairy. I’m hungry 90% of the time and the other 10% is spent eating fake chocolate. I’ve… Read More

In The Beginning There Was Coffee

But we won’t go that far back. This is the story of how Daniel and I were given a dream. Four years ago I met Daniel. He was a relative of my good friend, a hunky wrestler, obsessed with coffee, and most importantly, loved Jesus. So obviously I had to have him. There was just one problem: he lived in Florida. I know some of you would not consider this a problem, but I’m from Oklahoma. We have our own musical. I’m a fan of cold weather and to be honest I just don’t enjoy sand. But these are minuscule when compared with the separation from my family. However, we were in love and none of that mattered. We stayed up late talking about the coffee shop we would one day (in the DISTANT future) own, spent our days discovering new roasters and shops, and learned more every day about how much we didn’t know about coffee. Read More